Pastry cones with spinach and tahini mousse by Cooking Tiki
After a longer summer break I’m here again with a wonderful guest post by a very talented food blogger, Tatyana. She is the author and photographer behind „Cooking Tiki„. Anyone interested in food will be hooked by her trilingual blog (all recipes are available in English, French and Bulgarian), which is full of beautiful pictures and recipes that will make your mouth water!
Today, Tatyana took some time out to share a little bit from her life, and brought us a wonderful recipe for pastry cones. Thanks a lot Tatyana!:-)
So, grab a large cup of coffee, enjoy Tiki’s recipe for Pastry Cones with spinach and Tahini mousse and then check out her blog if you haven’t already. And enjoy! :-)
Hi, my name is Tatyana Mihova, but friends call me Tiki (that’s where the name of my site comes from). I studied French literature and International economic relations in Bulgaria and previously worked at a foreign trade company as an Import/Export manager. About 8 months ago, I followed my love and left my native country, my relatives, friends and work. It wasn’t an easy decision, but love prevailed :)
My culinary hobby is relatively young. I discovered the pleasure to photograph my cooking experiments about 18 months ago along with my simple desire to preserve my grandmother’s recipes in a diary. I found it better to attach one photo next to her recipes and that, actually, unleashed an ocean of ideas and inspirations, a sea of photos and recipes. The transition period between my old life and the new one, gave me the opportunity to devote myself fully to my culinary adventures. I don’t limit or frame my imagination, and no longer try to stick to the conventional and classic recipes. Sometimes, I feel like an alchemist in the kitchen for I open jar after jar and spontaneously mix flavors that I only guess where they would take me. I make combinations that are not typical. The results are almost always very tasty and that only intensifies my enthusiasm to experiment further. We’ll see where that will take me :).
- 1 cup lupine flour (or chickpea, other)
- ½ tsp soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g spinach leaves
- 30 g fresh dill, basil, parsley (in total)
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon asefatida and fenugreek seeds
- 35 g tahini (1 tablespoon)
- 50 ml colza or olive oil
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Stir well to evenly scatter the ingredients and loosen the mixture. Gradually pour over the olive oil and about ½ cup water. Make a a firm non-sticky dough that doesn’t need more flour to knead.
- Let rest for 30 minutes. Then roll it out into a thin sheet and cut it into strips of 15-18 mm in width. Wrap each strip around a metal cone, overlapping it with half a centimeter as you do so. Bake until golden at 180°C. Remove gently the pastry cones from the metal moulds and leave aside to cool.
- For the spinach mousse, combine all the ingredients in a deep jar or a blender. Grind with a hand blender (or the blender itself) until you get a smooth pesto-like mousse. Add as much water and oil as to make a thick mousse that can be pushed through a piping bag. Seal the jar and store in the fridge, until needed.
- Just before serving, put the spinach mousse in a piping bag with a round nozzle. Fill the pastry cones to the top and arrange them on a plate. Serve as an appetizer or entree.
Thank you Tatyana, it was such a pleasure having you as my guest!
Stay connected to Tatyana on +Facebook
Nije me bilo dugo, i predugo. Posljednji post sam napisala prije skoro dva mjeseca, ali bilo je vrijeme za jednu blogersku pauzu, morala sam napuniti baterije i sad očekujte opet redovne objave receptića i postova, imam svašta finog u draftu :)
Danas vam želim predstaviti jednu talentiranu mladu damu, meni dragu kolegicu blogericu i moju imenjakinju Tatyanu koja je pristala da mi dođe u goste i s vama podijeli jedan od svojih odličnih recepata. Piše sjajan trilingualan blog „Cooking Tiki“ (na engleskom, francuskom i bugarskom jeziku), te preporučujem da si pripremite veliku šalicu kafe ili čaja, pa prvo pročitajte divan recept za kiflice sa špinatom i tahini moussom, pa onda obavezno svratite do Tatyane na blog i uživate u njenim krasnim fotografijama i odličnim receptima!
Recept danas objavljujem samo na engleskom, imam (opet) tehničkih problema s multisite wordpress pluginom, pravio mi je velike probleme na blogu, deinstalirala sam ga i sad tražim neko drugo riješenje… Malo sam izgubljena, pa ako neko od vas, dragi moji, zna kako bih najbolje (čitaj: najjednostavnije :D) mogla pisati postove na dr. jezicima na ovom blogu, a da ne nastane kaos- za svaki prijedlog sam zahvalna!
Tatyanu možete pratiti i na Facebook-u.
Schreibe einen Kommentar